Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Love and War

Hello everyone!

I am convinced that dogs are totally capable of rebelling, scheming, and manipulating humans to achieve a certain end that they desire. McKinley is the perfect example.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the little guy, but for the past two days he has been quite literally the devil incarnate raging war against me.


For one, I went downstairs to the garage yesterday morning to find that he had completely forgotten his potty training during the night.  So I cleaned it up, took him out to do his other business, walked around the yard a little bit and brought him back in because it was raining.  Normally, I would have taken him for a walk around the neighborhood, but I was feeling too sick still to do anything of the sort.
Then, I went downstairs later in the day--around noon--to take him outside, and he had forgotten his potty training! Again!!!!!   It was all over the garage and it was disgusting!  My cousin, Chang, and I had to water clean the entire garage!  Poor cuz was gagging the whole time because of the smell, but I found another positive from being sick--I couldn't smell a thing!  haha
I admit I had been neglecting him a little bit for the past couple of days because of my sickness, but he definitely got to spend many hours in my presence yesterday.


This morning, I brought him back in without his morning walk again because it was still raining, and I still felt a little sickly.  As I took the leash off of him and was in the process of closing the garage door, he bolted!  He has never done that before!  He's usually calm, waiting for me to give him his treat.
So, of course, I had to run after him.
What was really infuriating was that he would run ahead, look back to see where I was, then wait for me until I caught up!  He would run, then wait, then if I got close enough to grab him, he would run again.  He wasn't even full out running either, he was simply holding a nice and easy trotting gate with his head held high. It was like he was saying, "I know you are furious, but come along now" in a British accent.  ugh.  So we did the chase around the neighborhood, and at one point, when I was so exhausted that I was basically walking, he just stood there and let me catch him.  Just like that! There wasn't even the satisfaction of 'catching' him because he let himself get caught!   ugh!  the little devil!
By that point, we had covered more of our neighborhood than we do during our usual morning walks, and I was dripping rain water.  Yet still, when we got back home, he had the guts to ask for treats!
He didn't get any.
(I'll probably give him extra later in the day)

Though I was quite miserable during the chase, it was actually nice to get out of the house and get some exercise.  I didn't realize, but it's been almost a week now that I've been moping at home!  I still have a bit of a cough, but my fever is gone, and I can breathe through my nose most of the time, so I think it's time I ventured out into the world again.
Besides, I found that I've missed our morning walks.
Our neighborhood is quite beautiful, especially when the sun is about to come up over the mountain range across the lake.




I hope you have a fantastic hump day!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
--Janny

No comments: