Friday, June 15, 2012

Acting out the first scene from Love Actually

Hello everyone!

One of my favorite holidays movies to watch just about any time of the year is the classic, Love Actually.  I've watched it so many times, but it never gets old!  And of course, one of my favorite scenes from the movie?  the very beginning.


What he says is SO true!  We can see some of the happiest reunions at the arrival gate at airports, and love really IS everywhere  =)
About 99% of the time, I'm the one getting off of the plane and coming through the airport looking haggard, but this afternoon, I got to play out the first scene from the movie from the other side--my Grandma was the one getting off of the plane from Seoul, South Korea, and Mom and I were the ones waiting to meet her at the gate!  It was so wonderful to see her again, and it was truly a movie-worthy reunion =)

My Grandma and I!!  She's so cute  =)
Then, because we are Koreans, and every significant event must include some food, we went out to go eat some Korean food.  We visited a restaurant called Maru (but I think it is either new, or just got its name changed) in Lynnwood, WA and caught up over some lunch.   Food there = incredible.

One of the things I love about going to a Korean restaurant is the fact that when you order a simple dish, you not only get the dish, but a whole lot of other little dishes along with it.  Today, for example, they started by serving us a little appetizer (which we didn't ask for) of some porridge kind of a thing that was incredibly delicious, and also brought out 8 different little side dishes to go along with our meal!  And of course, the ones we ordered were also all incredible.  Grandma ordered Bibimbap, and mom and I each ordered Bibim Naengmyun, a cold spicy noodle of sorts.

Appetizer, side dishes, Bibimbap, and Bibim Naengmyun

Because her days and nights are flipped around almost completely, we came home right away so that she could take a little nap and slowly start getting used to the time zone here.  I hope the weather stays incredibly nice like this for the rest of the summer!!  It's been rainy and cold here for the past week, so it was so nice to be able to enjoy the sunshine--I guess the weather was glad Grandma was coming to stay with us as well  ;)   haha




I hope you are having a wonderful day as well!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
--Janny

No comments: