Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rosemary Shrimp Kale Spaghetti Squash Recipe!

Hello everyone!

Today was one of those days when you have the time, but yet have no motivation to cook.
I was all practiced out, already hungry, and the roomy wasn't going to be home to cook with me,,,
so sad...  haha
Jimmy Johns...?

but!  as I was climbing the front steps to our apartment, I caught a whiff of some of the rosemary bushes right by our front door, and all of a sudden, I had motivation to cook!!
No Jimmy Johns for this lady for lunch!

With a small rosemary branch(?) in hand, I went on a hunt in our fridge to see what I could use.
The hunt yielded; leftover spaghetti squash from a couple of days ago, shrimp, kale, and some cheese!
Yay!  I basically threw everything in the pan, and it turned out amazingly!  Easy and delicious.  It doesn't get much better than that!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cup Spaghetti Squash (you can either make it fresh, or have it already made beforehand)
1 cup Shrimp
1 cup Kale
1/2 Onion
some Cheese
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1-2 minced Garlic
Rosemary
Italian Seasoning
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Black Pepper

Let the cooking begin!
1. If your spaghetti squash isn't cooked, cook it first.   Cut the squash in half, and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for half an hour, or until you can poke it easily with a knife.  When they're cooled enough, scrape out the spaghetti-ish inside out and set it aside.

2.  Cut up half of an onion, and saute is in some olive oil with the rosemary leaves(?) and some minced garlic. 


3. When the onions have taken on that clear-esq-caramelized, look, dump in 1 cup of frozen shrimp.  Season it well with the Black pepper, Italian seasoning, and the Lemon Pepper seasoning.  I never measure these out, because in my opinion, the more the merrier when it comes to seasoning  ;)




4. Once the shrimp has turned pink, add 1 1/2 cups of Spaghetti Squash and 1 cup of kale (I also found a couple leaves of spinach about to wilt in the fridge, so I threw those in as well) and mix, mix!


5.  The kale will shrink considerably as you keep sauteing them, and once they look like this, and you can no longer stand the tantalizing smell of the rosemary mixed with shrimp and garlic, you're done!


6. Grate a little (a lot) of your favorite cheese, and enjoy!  Our favorite right now is Trader Joe's Unexpected Cheddar Cheese!

This was so good, and it was an incredibly easy meal to put together. I think it took about 15 minutes? AND it's healthy for you!  =)
It's a good meal to balance out the ribs from my last post  ;)  haha

Happy Thursday!
--Janny


No comments: