Friday, April 26, 2013

Life sans school

Hello everyone!

I've now spent a whole week without having to think about classes, lessons, or school work, and it's been...  well, truth to be told, a bit odd.   haha.   Don't get me wrong, it's been really great having so much time, and being able to relax and not stress out about running from one rehearsal to the next. However, I'm nowhere as productive as I was during school, and I feel a bit like I've been floating about, kind of like algae...   It was really nice for a couple of days, but I think I'm ready to get back to having a schedule  =)

Thanks to having wonderful weather for the most of the week, we got to spend a lot of time outside, getting some Vitamin D.  Not that Houston ever gets so cold and gloomy that we would suffer from Vitamin D deficiency, but still...
and warm weather = ice cream.
of course.
Amulet and I go through buckets of ice cream like no other.
and so far, Amy's is my favorite!  It's like Coldstone, but with more interesting flavors, and richer (therefore better) ice cream.

Butterfinger ice cream!!
Then our friends had a BBQ/pool party, so we spent the day getting some color, and hanging out with this adorable little dude  =)
hi there Toby!!
So much food!!!  that's the best kind of BBQ after all  ;)

After gorging ourselves, we decided to try the pool.  The pool seemed really inviting, especially after sitting in the sun for awhile, but the water was SO cold!!
(hence the face I'm making in the photo  haha)

People still swam, but I definitely chickened out.  I'm the sort of a person who takes hot showers even in the 100 degree weather, so I went back to hanging out with Toby while some people swam.



The weather's been a bit odd lately, but I'm sure the hot weather will be upon us soon enough...  It's Houston, after all...
I'm kicking off the weekend by performing in a concert my Thematic Programming teacher, Ms. Dunn, is giving tonight, and I'm going to be in a white gown and all glammed up!  Everything is always more glamorous when singers are involved  ;)   It should be a fun concert, and if you are around the Rice area, we would love to see you at the Duncan Recital Hall at 8 pm!

Happy Weekend!
--Janny

No comments: