Thursday, May 16, 2013

birthday boy!

Hello everyone!

It's David's birthday today!!!!


 I've been teasing him about being so old all week, and the term 'cradle robber' might have been used here and there,, perhaps (and not all of the time by me).  haha, we kid, we kid.  He's only a few years wiser than I am in truth, and everything was all in good fun  =)

Can we just take a moment to talk about how happy I am that this person is a part of my life?  He came into my life in the beginning of the year as my dance partner, then became a running buddy, then pretty quickly became one of my best-friends. And through the rather interesting part of my life when I was certain that I wanted to be a monk, and be single for the rest of my life, he stuck around and continued to be as, if not more, sweet and loving as before.  
Being completely content in a relationship has always been a bit of a struggle for me--there are so many things I want to do, so many things to see, so many places to visit, so many things to accomplish!!!--and I truly believed that I could never be completely content if I was in a relationship (hence the monkhood...).  But then, well, you know, somewhere along the line things changed, and here we are... together.
Someone recently told me that I seem 'ridiculously happy', and it seems that I am  ;)     

Anyway, last night--this morning...  at midnight--I surprised him with a little cake when he got done with work (because yes, he works until midnight,,, or later most nights).  I'm not sure how much of a surprise it was...  I mean, when you tell him to come by your apartment after work around midnight on your birthday... haha  but he seemed to enjoy it, and that's all that matters!  ;)

haha such a goof!  =)

We don't have any huge plans for his birthday, other than eating dinner together and watching a movie.  I know, sounds pretty generic, but he's been wanting to see the Iron Man 3, and it's his birthday afterall, so he gets to choose whatever he wants!  =)  Too bad the new Startrek movie is coming out tomorrow, otherwise that definitely would have been his pick  haha
Also, the dinner is going to be a bit of an adventure because... well, I'm cooking. by myself.  That has not really happened all year...  Usually I have either David or Amulet (or Abers and Timmay) with me.  And he asked for the Korean traditional birthday dish for dinner, which is Miyock Gook, aka seaweed soup, and since I've never made it before, this is going to be quite an interesting afternoon...   I'm expecting many "Mommy!! how do I...?" calls throughout the cooking process  haha

Anyway, if you see him around today, please do wish him a happy birthday, since I don't think he'll be getting much of that from his E. Coli cultures in lab  ;)

Happy Thursday!
--Janny

No comments: