Friday, July 13, 2012

Wanted:: Korean Food!!

Hello everyone!

So here we are in week 2 of being at Foulger International Music Festival!
This week has been much more relaxing than the last one, and I have been thoroughly enjoying a bit of a break.  Of course, I am still in a chamber group and I still take 2 lessons per week, but the chamber group rehearsals are no longer 2+ hours long, and my lessons are more focused on tweaking my setup in violin playing, so I don't have to be freaking about giving a solo performance this week.

Today during lunch, my roomies, Meredith and Jean, and I started talking about Korean food, and it has developed into this impossible obsession for me in the past hour or so.  ugh...  I miss it so much!
The food at Foulger, at Kean University, is actually not bad.  However, it is a college dining hall, and we all know how great they are.  I've been eating a piece of pizza for almost every meal since I've arrived here, and not only is that not healthy, but it is also incredibly monotonous.  I remember the one Chinese food night they had at the dining hall since we arrived here, and so many of us were so excited!  too bad the meal turned out to be,,, less than ideal.

And no offense to Americanized Chinese food--because I really do love sesame chicken and orange chicken, and etc--but it does not even come close to what I am really craving right now, which is this:



OH MY GOSH!!!  KOREAN BARBECUE!!!!!   SOOOOO  AMMMAAAAZIIIINGGG!!!!


and Samgyupsal.  droolll....   sigh...


and Bulgogi. and BBQ shrimp.



and Galbi!


The pictures are from the day of my lil bro's graduation when we went to celebrate with food. per usual.  haha.  I really love how Koreans celebrate.  What better way to celebrate than to eat lots and lots of amazing food together, right?

Anyway, that is my fantasy at the moment.  Korean food.  It really can't be that hard to make Korean food for the dining halls, and people would LOVE it.  Just make some sticky rice, make Bulgogi, and set it out with Kimchi.  It really isn't too much to ask, I don't think.  haha

Just 2 more weeks... and I can have Korean food again...
In the meantime, I should probably stop daydreaming and get back to practicing. =)

Happy Friday!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
--Janny

3 comments:

Bville Yellow Dog said...

So teach the dining staff? They are probably bored too. And as you say your menu is dead simple.

Bville Yellow Dog said...

http://www.keokukoreanrestaurant.com/
...or go out for dinner.

Janny said...

That is our one wish! to go out for dinner!! but I'm afraid the campus doesn't have much to offer, and when we don't own a car, it's difficult to wander into the civilization.. =(