Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sunday Brunch and SOWA

Hello everyone,

I have never been a big fan of brunch because at some point in my childhood, I had a very bad experience with eggs, and I haven't been able to stand the taste of them since. And brunch? It's full of eggs!  However, there was an experience recently that has changed my opinion of eggs, and therefore, brunch!

We visited Stephanie's with Ted and Pamela on their last day, and here is where I found that eggs are not so bad after all!  

We began with a few different mimosas and a little bit of Bloody Mary (which kinda weirded me out ,not gonna lie).  Ok, celery and pickles in a drink?  weird, right?  Not my kinda drink, I must say..

These were much better  haha



cuties  =)



We began with a little bit of pull-apart monkey bread,


then this dish.  
This dish is what changed my opinion on eggs.
Shakshuka.
Gotta love that name, right? haha


Tomato-y, flavorful, a little bit spicy, but not too much, and just all around delicious!  AND it didn't have meat or dairy (minus eggs) so happier tummy for me!
and the eggs? I couldn't even taste the specific taste that makes my insides turn, but it added a nice texture to the whole dish!  and the bread for dipping was really good too!


Thanks Stephanie's for changing my opinion on eggs, it has made many of my friends very, very happy!  =)




Afterwards, we visited SOWA for the first time!
How did I not know about this for nearly a year that I've been in Boston?!

For someone who loves farmers markets and food trucks, this was basically heaven!


two large courtyards filled with hundreds of different vendors, people milling about, eating, chatting, laughing..  the energy is practically buzzing, and I love it!



my date for the day. and for all other days!  ;)





such colorful garlic mashers!  it had grooves in the bottom that mashed garlic!  


well, hello there handsome fella!



perfect dessert on a hot Sunday afternoon!



SOWA runs until October, so I'm really excited to return when the weather gets a little cooler! =)
Have you guys been to SOWA? I'd highly recommend visiting if you haven't!  

thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful rest of the week!
--Janny

No comments: