Monday, December 2, 2013

Stuffed Turkey Weekend

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
We ate, then ate some more, then,,, ate again!  haha.  It was a wonderful weekend full of good food and amazing company.
On Thanksgiving day, we joined a huge group of friends for an incredible dinner at Miran's apartment (she has a really cute blog too! you guys should all go check it out!)  We know how much work it takes to host a Thanksgiving dinner because we hosted one last year, and they really did an amazing job. It was soo good!! and there was so much food!  I don't actually have a lot of pictures from it because,,, I got distracted by the food.  I mean, seriously, the food.   They even had homemade ice cream.   Need I say more?  haha

The company was really awesome as well.  I don't have pictures, like I said, but Satoko and I did end up snapping this photo together  =)   Something was really funny at the time, obviously  haha  We've been playing together for the past year (she's an amazing pianist!) and I feel so blessed to have gotten to know her and have had the chance to play with her!

Sadly, I don't have pictures with the hosts, or with anyone else at the party... le sigh...  but I'm sure some photos will be going up on Miran's blog soon  =)

some Thanksgiving selfies with my guy.  on the way to his lab.  because he had to work on Thanksgiving.. such a hard worker that one! 

We didn't participate in Black Friday madness..  actually, I have never participated in Black Friday madness..  I know, what girl hasn't participated in it at least once, right?  but yup, every year, it rolls around, and I just don't feel like going shopping!  Don't get me wrong, I love shopping as much as the next girl when I have something I want to buy, but it seems the need/want to go shopping never lines up with Black Friday.. Perhaps next year?  haha

Anyway, after spending a productive Friday at home, David and I hosted a Ballroom movie night on Saturday!   we basically ate a lot of food and watched a lot of Youtube videos (4 hours of it to be exact), laughed until our abs hurt (who said ballroom dancers don't have humor?), and just really enjoyed being in one another's company!


some snacks.  gotta make up the calories lost while laughing.  and the watermelon is there because we felt like we had to have 1 healthy snack,, being dancers and all...  haha  There was a lot more food later (like pies, cakes, awesome smoked salmon appetizer, etc, but again, once the party started rolling, I forgot about my camera until the very end when we took the group photo above...)



All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, and I feel so blessed beyond words to be able to enjoy amazing foods (so thankful for food  haha) with the incredible people in my life  =)

Oh, and are you guys participating in the December Photo Project/Challenge?  There are multiple ones floating around, but the gist of it is that you take a photo every day for December.  I think it would be a good way to document the important/mundane aspects of my life in December, and see if I can stick with it for a whole month.  I probably will forget a day or two here and there, but I'm going to try!
Here is the first photo of the month  =)

My 5 year old student wrote this for me on the board on Sunday.   it melted my heart.  seriously.  loving the backwards 'y', the sweetness of the gesture, and the time I get to spend with such a spunky, energetic, but overall extremely sweet little human being.  =)

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and thanks for stopping by!!
--Janny

No comments: