Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I hope you are all spending time today with your loved ones!  I am so thankful for so many things, including my loving family, my wonderful friends all over the world, and for the chance to pursue my dreams.  So blessed  =)

I wish I could be spending time with my family, but Rice had school yesterday (I know,,, classes the day before Thanksgiving!  so sad..) so it wasn't really possible for me to go back home, but that's ok because we're going to spend the day with friends!!   =D

Last year, we had an epic Thanksgiving-Turduckenhen-orphanage at my apartment for those of us who were 'orphaned' during Thanksgiving. This year, however, David and I have been invited to a Thanksgiving at my friend Miran's place, so we're not going to be Turduckenhen-ing this year.  

So we've been going back and forth on what to bring...

we've made multiple loaves of cranberry-sunflower seed breads to see if that's something we wanted to bring...
we even got a Dutch oven (which we are absolutely LOVING!) so we could bake this beautifully golden crust on the bread!


but it actually didn't make the cut... so no bread for the party..

in the end, we decided on spinach artichoke dip!! 
we made it a couple of nights ago while doing homework, and we finished it between the two of us.  yup. consumed the whole thing.  in like 5 minutes.   so yup.  it made the cut and it's going to come with us to the party!



I'm so excited for the dinner with friends, and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  =D
--Janny

No comments: