Saturday, July 28, 2012

Last Foulger Concert Marathon

Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
At Foulger, we have been incredibly busy preparing for, and performing in multiple concerts this weekend.
It all started on Thursday night with a student concert in which the Mendelssohn Octet performed.

With our coach, Andy Mark!
I thought it was a fine performance, and it was so fun to play with all of these wonderful musicians =)
We get another chance at performing tomorrow at the Lincoln Center!!!  woot! NYC here we come yet again!
The performance will be at 11 am, so if you are in NYC and would like to come hear us play, please drop by!  =)

The next night, on Friday, we had the final faculty concert, which I LOVED per usual.
It was a night of Barber string quartet (omg. slow movement. so beautiful..), Piazzolla Summer, Gershwin Porgy and Bess (played on viola instead of violin) and Tchaikovsky Souvenir de Florence.

the beautiful Barber adagio for strings!!

Piazzolla!!!  I love Piazzolla!
and they were so great!

Porgy and Bess!!  perfect outfits right?
the hat really did it for me. couldn't stop laughing.
it was written for violin, and played on viola...  yup, she's a beast! so good!
Souvenir de Florence!
what a wonderful performance.
I could gush and gush about this concert, but I have already gushed and gushed about the amazing faculty concerts here and here  so I'll spare everyone any more gushing.  But let me just say.. it was INCREDIBLE!  ok. done.

Tonight, we had another student concert in which I played the first movement of the Prokofiev Violin Concerto 1 with the pianist Tae Kim, as well as the Beethoven Quartet Op.59 No. 1.

Photo cred: Christine Chen =)  thanks Christine!

Beethoven 59 1!!

Both of the works were put together in a rather short amount of time, which always makes me rather anxious, and anxiousness does not bode well in a performance situation.
However, I would choose to perform these works again under such constraints just for the chance to work with all of these wonderful musicians  =)
man.. I'm really going to miss playing with and just being around all of them..

Tomorrow, we are finishing up this wonderful experience at the Lincoln Center, and I can't think of a better ending for these amazing 4 weeks!  So excited!  =D
Please join us if you are able at the Lincoln Center for a wonderful day filled with music!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
--Janny

No comments: