Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July!

Hello everyone!

Happy Independence Day!
I hope you are enjoying this holiday in true American fashion--you know, parades, fire works, etc etc.

For me, it doesn't really feel like it's Independence Day at the moment because I am at Foulger Music Festival.  There are no fireworks going off, no one seems to be in patriotic clothes, there isn't any parade near the Keane University where the festival is held... but the biggest reason it doesn't feel like it's a national holiday is because we are still working like dogs today!  haha   I'll post about my daily schedule tomorrow, but from the moment I got up this morning until now I've only been away from my violin to take a shower! (I couldn't even eat breakfast or lunch!  dinner time can't come fast enough)

What makes it all worth while is the chamber music group I am playing in right now, the Brahms Piano Quartet in g minor mentioned in this post.  It's with Alex Beyer-piano-who is a fellow like myself, Allison Eldrege-cello-who is the artistic director of the festival, and Hsin-Yun Hwang-viola-who is a beast of a violist, really incredible.  I can't tell you just how wonderful this experience is, and I am learning so much playing with these amazing musicians!  Our concert will be this coming Sunday at 3 pm at the Enlow Hall .  It would be wonderful to see all of you if you happen to be in New Jersey (it's also really easy to get to from NYC), it should be a great concert.  Also, it is going to be streaming live here.

Hope you are enjoying this holiday in true Independence Day style!
--Janny


No comments: