Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just In!!

Hello everyone!

I have some exciting news to share with you today!

I am thrilled to be a part of the Foulger International Music Festival this summer as one of the Foulger Fellows.  Though this is the festival's inauguration season, I have worked with, and loved working with, the directors of the program as well as some of the faculty, and I know it is going to be a great festival!  

All of the fellows have the opportunity to perform with some of the distinguished artist faculty during the festival, and I have recently been informed that the first concert featuring all of the Mary Foulger Institute faculty and the fellows will be "A Feast of Brahms" featuring all three of the Brahms Piano Quartets! Every one of the quartets are incredible, but the first one in g minor has always held a special place in my heart, and I am SO excited that I will be performing that quartet with Hsin-Yun Huang, the violist of the Borromeo String Quartet; Allison Eldredge, the artistic director of the festival and a fabulous cellist; and Alex Beyer, another fellow and an incredibly talented pianist.

I have always been an admirer of Brahms, both as a listener, and as a performer.  His works are filled with passages of incredible passion and vigor that are complimented by heart-breakingly beautiful and tender melodic passages. What I find really incredible about Brahms is his ability to find time for humor during all of the intensity and stormyness of his works--there are parts that are just so witty and silly that sometimes, I just can't help but laugh!  =)   Of course, it is impossible to sum up all of his works in such a short paragraph, but all in all, I think his works are extremely powerful, yet charming.


Johannes Brahms

The performance will be July 8th, at 3 pm at Enlow Hall of Kean University in New Jersey.

Enlow Hall.  How beautiful!

If you are around New Jersey, I would love to see you at the concert!  It is sure to be an incredible one! I mean, how often do you get to hear all 3 of the Brahms Piano Quartets in one concert?  It's still a ways away, but I wanted to give you a little heads up  =)

Off I go to practice!   haha

Hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday!
Thanks so much for reading!
--Janny


No comments: