Friday, December 5, 2014

Feneuil Hall :: Winter Date Outfit

Hello everyone!!

I experienced my first snow in Boston last weekend!  It wasn't the first snow of the season, but I was in Cancun for that, so I count this as my first  =)   I love the first snow.  Not so much once it becomes the 20th snow of the season, but there's something so magical and exciting about the first snow, isn't there?  It happened at night, so David and I took a night walk in the snow complete with a snowy kiss under a lamp post  ;)  it was pretty romantic until about 10 minutes into the walk.. then our faces got numb  haha

Before I even got to Boston, I was told that I have to visit Feneuil Hall during the holiday season for their Christmas tree and the lights, so we decided to make a date out of it.  I'm still figuring out a way to dress myself for dates in the winter (I've never really had to think about that in Houston...) I want to look cuter than my usual uniform of black puffer jacket and Uggs, but still avoid freezing to death, ya know?

So this is the look I came up with for this date!  

The key is to layer, layer, layer.  
I wore tights and knee high boots to keep my legs warm, layered black silk shirt under my dress, then wore my faux fur vest under my coat.  It really did the trick, and with my trusty hat, scarf, and mittens combo, I was surprisingly warm throughout the whole day!


Boots: Vince Camuto, old.  Similar here
Dress: Sheinside, here
Purple Pea Coat:  Similar here
Fur Vest:  Similar here, here, here

The effects of a beautiful Boston sunset.  If only it wasn't happening at 3:30 in the afternoon..  haha

The nice thing about Boston is that really, you can get to basically anywhere via the public transit, and getting to Feneuil Hall all in its festive glory was super easy!


the famous tree  =)  apparently, the lighting of the tree is a big deal, so we'll definitely have to catch it next year!





unfortunately, we didn't catch the light show, but we still had a good time wandering around the market and doing some Christmas shopping surrounded by the glittery lights  =)



Once we got sufficiently frozen, we headed indoors in search of a snack.  Naturally, we landed on this one. I mean, we are in New England, so we have to try the New England Clam Chowder, right?  oh, I meant, Chowda.




ok, it was pretty good...  shh, don't tell anyone, but we think the one we had here was better!   ;) 







I think if you dress warmly enough, Feneuil Hall is definitely worth a visit in the winter. The lights and the Christmas tree can be a romantic backdrop, and they have a wide selection of well-known shops as well as little local vendors that make for a fun mix!

We headed to a dinner with friends and the Nutcracker ballet afterwards, but since this post is already so long, I'll have to wait till the next post to tell you all about it  =)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!
--Janny









No comments: