Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Marliave and the Nutcracker

Hello everyone!

After freezing our tooshies off outside at Feneuil Hall, we headed indoors for some French cuisine at the Marliave.  If you are a French cuisine fan, this is definitely a place you have to check out in Boston.  

We were meeting Tristan and Daon (the cute engaged couple you've seen here) but we were early, so we sat down at our table, chatted about our relationship, the evening, just anything and everything we always end up talking about, and took some photos until they joined us.





couldn't have asked for a better date ;)

Then, our double date partners joined us, and our favorite part of the evening began: the FOOD!!
They ordered steak and risotto which they really enjoyed, and we got a little shrimp/lobster dish and gnocchi.  All of them were spot on.  We will definitely go back  =)

Having had our fill, we walked a few blocks over to the Boston Opera House for something I have been wanting to do for soooo looonngggg..


The Nutcracker ballet!!!
I grew up dancing, David and I still dance (ballroom, not ballet, but still) and I absolutely LOVE watching ballet.  I think it's one of the most beautiful things.  Not really sure David shares my same obsession, but he's always a good sport about things  haha  ;)



It was an even better evening because at the last minute, Daon and Tristan decided to join us for the ballet!  Daon and I are lucky to be with men who will humor us and attend ballets with us with smile on their faces  =)  They may protest before and after, but at least when we are there, everyone is having a good time, and that's all I care about (that and the fact that they know that they have no ther choice)  ;)  haha


The Opera house was beautiful..


and the ballet was so much fun  =)  such a classic.  
I can't wait to go back to watch other ballets in the future!
If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that David and I love anything and everything to do with food.  I mean, we are the couple that got each other a stand mixer and a food processor for our anniversary presents last year  haha.  We also love dance. I always have, and I'm so glad that David does too, and that we have a hobby that we can do together.  
This Thanksgiving weekend was really an incredible mix of so many of my favorite things; good food, lots of dance (ballet and ballroom), and amazing company.  It makes me so happy to be looking back at the pictures now and reminiscing, and really, this is why I blog; to share all of these amazing experiences with my friends and family around the world, and to document it for my future self.  =)   Thanks for reading and letting me share my experiences in this tiny portion of the Interweb that I call my blog, and I hope you are all having a wonderful week!!

--Janny

No comments: