Monday, February 9, 2015

Snow Day #4

Hello everyone!

By now you probably have guessed (since I am back on the blog) that we are having another massive snow storm here in Boston.  BU has cancelled classes for the 4th time in 3 weeks!  I have lived in many different parts of the world, including northern part of Michigan, and I have NEVER seen so much snow in such a short period of time.  I mean, it's like every week we get a 'historic' blizzard/winter storm like clockwork.  Incredible.

I tried to get a shot of the winter wonderland outside of my window for you guys, but this was all I could see!

The other side of our apartment doesn't have the best view, but I think it shows the effect of the snow a bit better than my frozen-over window, so...

and the swirling snow!


We have gotten enough snow quickly enough that within an hour, the foot tracks that Shawn left on the way to the gym had disappeared by the time she came back!

Before we got buried in snow, we tried to dig ourselves out from the previous 2 storms, and lead normal lives!  one of the highlights from last week was this concert I played with my teacher here at BU, Bayla Keyes, and 3 other BU faculty members, Robbie, Rhonda, and Michelle!  We played the Martin piano quintet, and I loved it!  He's not a very well-known composer, but he has very unique and interesting harmonic language, and some really beautiful melodies  =)

The few days before the storm was made even better because!!!   Abers (April) was in Boston!!!!  My soul sister, my sister from another mother!  we were attached at the hip throughout our undergrad years, and it was so good to be attached once more  =)



We had an incredible night during her visit when a whole bunch of our friends came over and we played board games. I did take some photos, but... I didn't have the SD card in the camera... epic fail.  le sigh...  ah well, it will just have to happen again some day!

We did, however, take a walk in our beautiful neighborhood in search of some lunch one of the days that she was here. I know, not as exciting as the board game night, but isn't our neighborhood so beautiful?  I love it here  =)


The walk was very cold and snowy, but the lunch we had at Buk Kyung was tottaallly worth it!


mmmmm  there's nothing more satisfying than a table full of awesome Korean food!


obviously, we were thrilled!



ahhh.  I 'm drooling just looking at the pictures and thinking about that meal right now...

April's flight was cancelled, and we were afraid that she would not be able to get out of Boston before this massive storm hit, but thankfully, she did get to fly out of the Beantown just in time!!

It was such a fun weekend, and I'm so glad she got to visit  =)  It was a nice warm fuzzy spot in this frigid snowpocalypsemarathon we've been having.

I hope you are all having a wonderful beginning of the week, and stay warm if you are around the New England area!
--Janny

No comments: