Friday, October 17, 2014

New England Fall Activity :: Apple Picking!!

Hello everyone!

I don't know if New Englanders think this as well, but when I think of New England autumn, the first thing I think of is apple picking!  Not really sure why it's so strongly ingrained in my mind, but it is, so Shawn, Jenny, and I drove to Bolton Spring Farm to fulfill this New Englander fall tradition as 3 new New Englanders!

Look how beautiful it is!!  




so many apples!!



showing off the roomy teamwork!


I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of apples normally, but something about picking it and eating it right off the tree makes it so much tastier!







Roomies at the orchard  =)


and we met the cutest little apple picker along the way!  She was munching at all of them apples on the ground  haha   oh, except for the Cortland apples.  she spat those out. haha we didn't like them either  ;)




I am absolutely loving the New England Autumn!!  so gorgeous..



As we were leaving, we smelled something amazingly delicious, so naturally we let our noses guide us to... this place!  it was the gift shop/farmer's market area for the farm, so we decided to poke around before we went in search of the deliciousness.



nothing says 'fall' like a table full of pumpkins!





and finally, we caved and got what our noses brought us there for:: the apple cinnamon donuts!!



my word.  We each only got one, but I almost went for another... and if we had gotten more, it would have all disappeared at that spot  haha

It was such a great weekend, and I feel like I am really starting to adjust to my life as a New Englander now that I have this apple picking experience under my belt  ;)

Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading!
--Janny

No comments: