Friday, July 18, 2014

Garth Newel Music Festival

Hello everyone!

After jetting around to Korea, Taiwan, Nebraska, and Seattle, I have been spending the past 2 weeks in the beautiful rolling hills (mountains?) of Virginia!


This amazingly place that I get to call home for the whole month of July is the Garth Newel Music Center!



I mean, how charming is this place, right?  complete with these roaming cows!   






It only gets better once you walk through the gates.
That 2 story building is where I live, and it's really the best living situation, complete with my amazing suite mates!  ;)




and this is the view we have at every mealtime.  Couldn't ask for a better view, eh?



oh, and this (the Manor House) is one of the rehearsal spaces!  




When we are not rehearsing, we enjoy just taking walks around this beautiful place.  This large and beautiful property belonged to two artists who later invited two musicians to spend summers here, which became the Garth Newel Music Center!


Once you walk down the driveway of the music center a little bit, you can find fields of wild flowers, so of course, my favorite flower-picking pianist went in to make a bouquet for me  =)  






When you walk out a bit more, there are fields of... cows!  I think it's quite charming  ;)



It has been a pretty intense 2 weeks rehearsing all day long, but I have to say, I have been enjoying every moment of it!  I mean, amazing food, amazing music, amazing company, and the amazing scenery...  like this sunset that we got a couple of days ago...



How did I get so blessed!  =)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
--Janny




2 comments:

강 선생님 said...

한글도 써도 되나여

JannyJoo said...

ㅋㅋ 네!!!