Monday, May 20, 2013

Zucchini Fries!!

Hello everyone!

Last night, we decided to try one of the recipes on my Pinterest boards.  My 'food' board where I pin interesting looking foods I want to try keeps growing and growing each day, and my 'tried and loved' board where I pin the ones I've 'tried and loved' is having difficulty keeping up.  This one, Zucchini Fries, looked really appetizing, so we made this last night, and because we loved it so much, we made it again today! This is definitely going onto the 'tried and loved' board today.




Per usual, I made some changes to the recipe, so here is the updated version!

Zucchini Fries!

Ingredients

2-3 medicum sized zucchinis
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Egg
1 Tbs water
1 1/2 cup Roasted GarlicJapanese style Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
sprinkle of black pepper


1.  Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.  Cut up the zucchini into thin 3 inch sticks.  I cut it into 3 inch chunks first, and then cut the zucchini logs into 8 'pizza slices'  ;)

3.  Place the flour and the cut up zucchini sticks into a large zipper bag and shake-a-shake!
this part is really fun actually, both for the shaker and the audience  haha
4.  Whisk the egg and water together in a small dish.
5.  Mix together the bread crumbs and the spices (garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper) in another shallow dish.
6.  Set up an assembly line of zucchini, egg, Panko mixture, and the baking sheet.

7.  Dip the flour coated zucchini in the egg, roll it around in the Panko mixture, then place it on the baking sheet.

8.  Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown!

9.  Enjoy with some poppy seed dressing, or honey mustard, or really just about anything you like!


 I hope you enjoy this as much as we did, and Happy Monday!!
--Janny


No comments: