Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pretty darn healthy pancakes!

Hello everyone,

I am not a big breakfast eater,
and I think brunch is far superior to breakfast in every way,
if only for the fact that brunch does not require you to get up at the crack of dawn...
I would choose sleep over food any day. for sure.

But thanks to Pinterest (and health blogs),
I have found that I don't mind eating breakfast after all,
especially if it's in the form of these pancakes!

I have combined a couple of different recipes,
and came up with my own, so here it is!

Pretty Darn Healthy Pancakes
Ingredients.
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 Tbs Chia seeds
2 Tbs ground flax seeds
(coffee bean grinder if you have whole flax seeds)
topping of your choice
oil for cooking--I used coconut oil

note: there is a bag of oats in this photo, but it is not actually needed for the recipe


For toppings, I chose blueberries, chocolate chips, and strawberries.


now onto make these lovely pancakes.
First, mash up your bananas really well, then add eggs.
Then you add your chia seeds and ground up flax seeds, and you're all done!
I know, so simple.  and that's the reason why I love this recipe so much!
less cooking time = more sleep time.
haha



In terms of actually cooking them,
I imagine it's like making any other pancakes,
but I don't know because I've never made 'normal' pancakes before   haha

For these, I just heated the frying pan on medium low,
poured the batter onto the greased pan
added the toppings,
and waited until the edges began to bubble and come up a little.
I always feel like this part takes forever, but I suppose patience is a virtue...?


And then, check to make sure the bottoms are golden brown, 
and flip them over!



I just flip them over normally, all careful like,
but if you're fancy like David, 
you can try his method as well
flying pancakes! haha



we ended up just sprinkling the strawberries around the pancakes 
instead of making strawberry pancakes,
(we already had blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes after all)
and then we used some agave for syrup!



Yum!!
So good!  =D

I hope you enjoy this recipe!
--Janny




No comments: