Saturday, September 6, 2014

Boston Bound!

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long absence from the blog, but these past 2 weeks have been pretty insane with the move to Boston!  But I'm here now, in one of my favorite cities ever, all settled into my new apartment with great roommates, and have 1 week of classes of my doctorate degree at Boston University under my belt!  =)

So here are a few of the photos of our road trip to Boston from Houston (yes, we actually did that. and yes, it took 3 days. and no, I would not do that willingly again  haha)

Having said that, it really wasn't unbearable, and some parts were quite fun, especially since I was in good company  =)  most parts, though, were pretty uneventful.. we just drove and drove and drove some more.  through Texas, through Louisiana, through Georgia, etc until we got to Boston!






the only scariest part was driving through Louisiana one day, and it started to pour. I mean, like I thought the window was going to break kind of pouring rain.  and there were lightening strikes everywhere.  we drove like 20 mph, but we probably should have pulled over because we couldn't see anything...



The scary part was soon over though, and by the second day, we found ourselves snuggling with this beautiful kitty!



We're so thankful to Mary and her kitties for letting us crash with them for the night!  =D


And then we were in Boston!  and Allston Christmas began.  In case you've never heard of Allston Christmas, it's when some ridiculous number like 80% of greater Boston area residents pack up and move all on the same day.  This year, it was on September 1, and my gosh, was that a crraaaaazzzyy day!  We survived moving though, with lots of trips to Ikea before and after the move in day.  I had never been to Ikea before, and I loved it! I don't know why I had never been there before  haha but we did the whole shebang and tried the food and everything!



It wasn't all work and no play though!  I got to meet up with a few friends,




got to try my first lobster, which was from Maine, and it was ahhmazing.  people have told me that lobster tastes just like crabs, but I really don't think so.  I much prefer lobster for the ease of eating (crabs can be so difficult to eat...) and for the texture  =)

So yeah!  I'm basically settled in (I'll maybe do a post of my room once everything gets put into place!) and really enjoying my classes at my new school!  the doctorate degree is much more intense than all of the other degrees I've done so far, which I suppose, is to be expected haha  But I'm really excited to continue my education here and to explore this amazing city!




Stay tuned for more Boston blogs coming soon!  =D
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!
--Janny

No comments: