Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Trident Books and Cafe, Cupcakes, & Newbury Street

Hello everyone!

Last weekend, I had a chance to meet up with an old friend, Chad, and his new wife, Cat, to explore Boston eateries a little more.  We were going to brunch at Trident Books and Cafe, and we were supposed to meet up at 11, but thanks to a malfunctioning T (the subway here in Boston), I was about 40 min late...  Thankfully, Newbury Street, where Trident is located, is a really fun street so they had things to do while they were waiting for me to escape the T.

Trident Books and Cafe  is so so sooo cute!  As the name suggests, it is a bookstore and a restaurant in one, so as you are waiting for your table (which you will most likely have to do if you go for brunch) you can browse the adorable store!


I was never a big fan of macarons until this summer, and now I absolutely love everything to do with them! haha 


and when we were finally seated, the food did not disappoint!  I had the vegetarian and gluten free butternut squash tacos, and oh my goodness.  This was amazing.  I'm not a vegetarian or gluten free, but I'm also not opposed to dishes that are vegetarian or gluten free.  If it tastes good, I'll eat it and will love it, and this definitely fit the bill.  =)  

with the lovely couple!  =)



For dessert, I mean,,, to walk off our brunch/lunch, we wandered around the Newbury Street.  Guys, this street is so charming.  I personally liked the street near the Trident more because as we kept walking, the street became more 'high end' and more commercial feeling.  it's still all pretty cute though  =)



We walked probably a couple of blocks until we arrived at the destination of our walk-off-our-lunch-stroll.  Georgetown Cupcake!!!!


I had heard so much about this place, and I was so excited to finally get to try it out!
This is what greeted us as soon as we walked in, and I..  was speechless.



It was super difficult to pick which one I wanted, but I ended up going with the Mocha Fudge.
Ahh look at this beauty!
it was a bit difficult to bite into it...


actually, no.  it wasn't too difficult once my stomach got a word in.  haha

I will definitely, definitely fo sho, be going back to these two shops, and I hope you do as well if you are ever in the Boston area!  =)

Thanks for stopping by!
--Janny

No comments: