Sunday, July 19, 2015

St. Lawrence String Quartet Seminar

Hello everyone!

It has been awhile since the last post, and so many things have happened.  The Meadowlarks and I finished the St. Lawrence String Quartet Seminar, I visited Boston for a bit to see my guy and have some adventures there, and now Tim and I are at Garth Newel Music Center again for another year of amazing music, people, and food!  My last year's posts from Garth Newel can be found here  =)

I'll be catching up on Boston adventures soon (and then Garth Newel adventures) but before that, I wanted to share some photos from our adventures at Stanford!

I really loved our time at Stanford.  The SLSQ program is so unique in that it brings so many different people from different walks of life together to create music together intensely for 10 days. There are professionals (chamber music legends), pre-professionals of different ages, and amateurs who are doctors, lawyers, professional photographers, and many others..  It was really simulating and refreshing, and I loved all of our interactions throughout the whole program.

Some of the highlights included a talk with John Adams,

sight reading sessions with a mixture of musicians that included the faculty,




exploring Palo Alto and seeing Tim join in on some belly dancing,


and of course, performing with the Meadowlarks in this beautiful space at Stanford!!







Photo cred: Warren Wu

After the concert, we celebrated with our amazing coaches while watching fireworks!  The fireworks were for the soccer games, but it seemed like it was for us, and we enjoyed it with our ear plugs in  ;)




One of my favorite parts of the night was seeing my baby bro!  He came with his girl, and it was so good to see them  =)








It was an incredible experience, and I feel so blessed to have gone to SLSQ this summer!

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
--Janny

No comments: