Monday, May 5, 2014

Life after classes

Hello everyone!

So classes have been over for a week now, and I thought I would have so much free time...  oh how incredibly wrong I had been...  haha
Even though Houston is in full summer mode, (80 to 90 degrees every day!)

I have been stuck inside most of the day learning music, or performing music..  Here is the Pierre Jalbert Piano Trio that I have to learn before I leave the country in 2 weeks that has been giving me so much stress haha.  


The piece itself is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the fact that I will be performing this the week I get back from Korea and Taiwan, after not touching my violin for more than 2 weeks, really really really stresses me out.  Not only do I have to learn this, but I have to learn 3 other new pieces during the next 2 weeks and the week I get back to this country, so...  yeah, so much for summer break, huh?   I just have to really plan it out well because my tendinitis has flared up again, and the last thing I need is to have to take time away from my violin even more..  le sigh.. 

During the nights, I have been performing this hilarious musical with the Music Box Theater here in Houston.  This week was the closing week, so we got to play for a full house almost every night, and it was so much fun!  =D   a lot of playing, and some more learning music really fast because we had 1 rehearsal before I had to jump into the performance (I was subbing for a friend), but it was all worth it because it was such a fun musical to play!


Even during all that, we did manage to fit some cooking and baking and generally just eating lots of food, as you may have come to expect from us.  haha.  Sometimes, we did resort to ramen at midnight, but after a long night of performing, that's all you crave at times.  We know it's not good for us, but it sure was delicious.  Oh, and we made some broccoli/tofu side dish to go with it so we felt a little better haha



We also went out to eat, which is pretty rare for us, but,, desperate times call for desperate measures? actually, it was just on one of our H-Mart trips, and someone had ordered this in front of us in the food court, and it looked so good that we just haaadd to get it ourselves  haha  It was pretty amazing though  =p





Our experimental kitchen also got some action when we tried to make a loaf of seaweed bread.  In Korea, we eat seaweed, called Gim, a lot, and it's one of my favorite side dishes ever!  I mean, just give me some rice, Gim, and some Kimchi, and I'm set to go just about every meal.  So we thought we'd incorporate it into bread and see how it turned out. I had high hopes for doing a recipe for it here on the blog if it turned out well...
The making process went smoothly, and we had fun trying to take some action shots of the Gim falling into the dough, etc.


but while it looked really good when it came out of the oven and all that...

it wasn't really blog recipe worthy...  and we ended up eating it with some Kimchi...  haha
yeah... so we'll just keep experimenting a little more, and maybe we'll perfect it at some point!
There has also been some craft projects,,,


and lots and lots of packing...  our apartment is looking so chaotic and empty all at once!



In our free time, when we manage to find some, we've been exercising and getting into the usual David/Janny fooling around, doing things like this..


=)
so that's been my life after classes so far!
I'm sure there will be even more of that in the next week and a half until I graduate, and I'm going to try to make the most of my last week and a half in Houston.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful week!
--Janny


No comments: