Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Dinner!

Hello everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!
We hosted an Easter dinner/pot luck and it was so much fun! For our contribution to the pot luck, we made spinach artichoke dip, and I'll be putting up the recipe soon because it was an experiment at best (one of my let's-throw-stuff-together-and-see-what-happens moment), and it turned out to be recipe worthy! haha definitely very happy about that  =p

So here is our spinach artichoke dip coming together!
and voila!  the finished product!

Other dishes that came to the pot luck include deviled eggs (which I surprisingly loved.. usually egg dishes tend to go untouched by me, but I actually had 2 servings of this dish!), cornbread, mac and cheese, cheesy potato dish, and of course ham!  apparently ham is the thing to have on Easter?  why is that, anyone know the answer..?






it was such a feast, and all of the dishes were soooo delicious that even when we were completely full, we kept going back to steal some ham.. and some more eggs,, and some more dip...
caught stealing some ham..  such a ham haha   =p




For dessert, we had some fruit and some spirited chocolates!
As they pointed out, here is the only liqueur cabinet Janny approves of  =p
I only tried the coffee flavored one (Kahlua?) and I have to say, still not a fan of that alcohol taste, but at least there was the chocolate to kind of cover it up...
And here is Amulet playing the good host and handing them out  ;)



After that we got onto some spirited egg coloring/dyeing!  I had never done this before (which is kind of strange I suppose because I grew up a Christian, and Easter is sort of a really big deal in our religion..  haha) but we had so much fun doing so!




and here is the finished product of our little egg family! the teenage son, the baby, the balding drunk uncle...  we have them all  ;) 


We also decorated a human.  and gave him a beard so he matches the other dudes in the bunch  ;)

Then, of course, we played some board games  haha



cuties  =)


So that's the gist of our Easter! A great day in my 100 happy days challenge!
Such a great evening hanging out with friends, eating amazing food, and celebrating Easter in each of our own ways depending on our religions  =)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well and thanks for stopping by!
--Janny




No comments: