Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dances with Owls!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Dances with Owls!!!!
Last Saturday, Rice hosted its ballroom competition, called Dances with Owls, and it was such a wonderful day full of dancing, and dancing.. and more dancing!



It was my first ballroom competition,
because until now, every time I prepared for a competition, 
something came up and I couldn't compete in the end.
and what an event to consider my first competition!
I'm just gonna let the photos speak for themselves,,
because there are so many of them..


Wendy and Tim.
These two were my favorites!
They were having a blast up there, and it automatically made me smile  =)


Sophia and Teddy.
Best in their category!
and representing Rice!!  yay! 
Also, they were number buddies with us, go 141!!



After the first couple of heats,
our formation team performed.
We missed a couple of people from our team, but we still had fun and tried our best  =)




I only competed in the International Standard dances,
so the next couple of the photos are all from that category.

Karen and Andriy!
so beautiful.
great dancers again, representing Rice!  yay!



 and David and I!
We danced in the mixed proficiency because well, our proficiency in dancing is quite mixed  lol
some day perhaps, I'll improve in my dancing and the mixedness in our proficiency 
will maybe become less pronounced..?  haha



Tango!
get set, and GO!

 Everyone dancing in the mixed proficiency bronze level.


bumper car ballroom dancing.


and then the Silver round came,
and we had all the space we could ever ask for!
as in,, we were the only ones for half of it  haha



Paatna and I!
Thanks David for putting up with my inability to do heel turns  =p
oh foxtrot..  haha
yay 142!!


It was such a fun day, and I'm so glad I got to finally be a part of this event!
Thanks team for such an amazing experience!


The Rice Ballroom Dance Team.
With our coach Angel  =) 



Oh, and I leave you with this video...
Thank you whoever took these photos for the nice surprise of continuous snapshots of us Viennese Waltzing!  haha
Not gonna lie, I was a little worried about how we would look  =p



Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
--Janny

No comments: