Sunday, September 23, 2012

My First Real Texas Style BBQ

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, I got to experience my first Texas style BBQ!
BBQ isn't really a part of the culture in Seattle,
so when I got invited to Rick and Berk's house for a BBQ, 
I had no idea what to expect.

Now I know.
If you are invited to a Texas style BBQ, my friends, this is what you may find;

30 pounds of pork (incredibly delicious!),
a yard full of people chilling, each with a bottle of beer in his/her hand,
a mini game of ultimate frisbee,
a whole lot of cornbread (3 different types, no less),
blaring music,
meat,
some watermelon if you have people like me and Amulet coming to the party and bringing fruit along with them  lol,
did I mention meat?
and a whole lot of chilled out socializing!


so many grills!  and 1 of 3 different types of cornbread.  Also, frisbee in action.

Meat that's been cooking since 7 am.
so. good.

more grills and beer

This skillet over the grill with bacon boiling in its grease really captures the essence of the party lol


this picture = epic.  it's all in the details, people. lol

Thanks Rick and Berk for such an epic evening!  =)
Couldn't have asked for a better first Texas style BBQ experience!
Happy Sunday!
--Janny

No comments: