Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School!

Hello everyone!

Today was the first day of school at Rice, and the inhabitants of the 'Fighting Blueberries' apt 
were SO excited for school to start!!
(the reason we are the Fighting Blueberries apt is because both Amulet and I attended Interlochen!)

It worked out really wonderfully because Amulet and I are both in the first class together,
the Early Music History, so we got to get ready, practice a bit at home, then leave for school together!
It's a bit of a blessing, really, because I am always running late to things,
but because Amulet was there, we arrived at school way before the classroom even opened!  ;)

And because we left so early, we even had time to document our excitement as we walked to school! 
I swear, we probably looked like children on their first day of kindergarten.  haha 



Here is Amulet!  So ready for this history class!



"Amulet, how do you feel about the first day of school??"



yay school!




Later on in the day, my friend Christiano and I roamed the campus together.
We met 3 summers ago at Roundtop Music Festival, and it is so great to be reunited here!!



more excitement...  I think this was at the fact that school was over for the day!  haha


We only had one class today (I think I'm going to like this whole graduate student schedule-ness!), 
so we leisurely took care of some paperwork at the Registrar's, 
ran into Amulet at the Shepherd School of Music,
then all three of us walked (skipped) back to the Fighting Blueberries Apt for some lunch.

skipping to....
our apartment!!!!



I was a little bit shocked at first by how empty my schedule looked compared to how it has looked for the past...  well, like 16 years.
I mean, I'm only in 2 'academic' courses!
That has happened... never!
I went through a phase of "ohmygosh... where are my history courses?" because I am a big history nerd,
and have always had 1 or 2 history classes during my undergraduate degree.
 However, that lasted for a surprisingly short while,
and after that, I thoroughly enjoyed having time to practice alllllll day.  =D

This luxury, however, will be gone as soon as the Rice orchestra starts rehearsing,,,
Rice orchestra meets 3 times a week for 2 1/2 hours at a time!
That's a lot more orchestra than I have ever experienced,
but I am SO excited to be a part of such an incredible ensemble!

Well, off I go to practice some more  =)
I hope you had a wonderful Monday!
--Janny

No comments: