Thursday, June 7, 2012

Branched Oak Lake

Hello everyone!

On my last half day in Lincoln, a couple of my friends and I visited the Branched Oak Lake to cool off.  It's been so weird going from the 50-60 degree weather in Seattle to 90 degree weather in Lincoln,, and then coming back to wearing sweatshirts from wearing bikinis..  I think my internal thermometer is rather miffed  haha

This half day was spent finishing off a huge bag of chips with salsa and guacamole, playing Amazing Labyrinth (which we learned how to play the night before, and then played non-stop for the duration of my trip there), playing frisbee, soccer, and volleyball, swimming, and watching Tim and Alexios wrestle in the water.  So basically, it was the perfect Nebraska day =)


Branched Oak





The Amazing Labyrinth!  it gets really intense. I mean, just look at the boys. Have you ever seen them concentrating so hard on something?  haha


Nothing like some water volleyball to cool off



and of course, you need some bromance.

It was such a fun afternoon, and I only wish I could have had more than 1.5 days in Lincoln.  I would have loved to see more of my Lincolnites, but with such a tight schedule, it was rather impossible.  Perchance next time  =)

If you are ever in Lincoln area during the summer, I would highly recommend visiting this lovely lake!

Thanks so much for reading!
--Janny

No comments: