Monday, July 29, 2013

no internet... but yes Las Vegas!!

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long absence, but this week we're at Capistrano Music Festival, and we don't really have internet access, so updating is close to impossible... We're working on getting internet, so stay tuned...

In the meantime, I just want to say that we had an amazing time in Las Vegas getting to chill with our friend Michael!  and you know what this means!!  another city crossed off on my bucket list!!!

Anyway, some photos from the night...

As we were flying into Vegas, we flew over this strange figuration on the ground.  One side of this lake was completely red/pink, and the other blue.  We couldn't figure out what was going on... I think we were flying over Idaho or Utah during this time?  Anyone know what this is?

Then, we finally got into Vegas, and went to celebrate the four of us being together by eating amazing Chinese food!  The four of us go WAAYY back.  WAAY back to beginning of undergrad, and it was so awesome to be reunited once more!

Then, we had to go hit the strip.  Before photo in Michael's backyard  =)

 some more of us four...

oh you know, the uber tourist thing to do...

the night was spent mostly walking around the strip, going into the shops, and trying on this we could never afford...

And trying to find the ring Tim already picked out for his future bride at Tiffany & Co.  haha  the man has the ring, but no woman!  any lady willing to help him out?  ;)

I was more interested in hats.  per usual.   and I was like a kid at a candy store in this shop!  so many hats to choose from!  love it!



And you know how usually street vendors draw caricatures and portraits?  not in Las Vegas!  they 'sculpt' you in the streets!

We ended the night with the fountain show at the Bellagio.  Wow. it was to 'Chicago' soundtrack, and a quote from the night sums it up pretty well:  "I never thought that jets of water could be so sexy!"


I have to say, Las Vegas isn't what I had imagined it to be, and while I would probably go back in the future, perhaps to see different shows (like Cirque du Soleil), I would prefer going to Montana and visiting Lava Lake over visiting Las Vegas any day of the week.  I guess I'm a country girl at heart?   It was a really fun trip though because the four of us got to be together, and I can't wait to upload the Cali pictures soon!

Happy beginning of the week everyone~
--Janny

No comments: