Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chillin at Lava Lake

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!
Yesterday, we went up to Lava Lake near Bozeman, and we spent the day soaking up the sun and the gorgeous scenery around us allll day.

It was about 3 miles hike to get up to the lake, and while the whole way was incredibly beautiful, the view that greeted us at the top was just...  I'll just let the photos speak for themselves.

First view of the lake...



Isn't it just absolutely breathtaking??

The water was so crystal clear!!  

We went all ready to swim... but because the water was as cold as it was clear, Abers and I chickened out..

and was content to just enjoy sunbathing the whole time


Tim, on the other hand, did both!!
Sunbating...



and swimming!  crazy kid!  it was so cold! I don't know how he did that...

the larks at Lava Lake =)


look at this Lark sandwich...  bread and cheese...  guess which one is the cheese. Swiss cheese.  le sigh...


We enjoyed chillin and soaking up the sun, and getting some color on my body before heading back to the real world...  miss that place already!

The whole crew on top of this giant rock formation  =)   gotta love those selfies haha


and more shenanigans on the way down...  haha

It was such an incredible day, and I'm so thankful to be spending my summer here in Montana with the people I adore  =)

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week so far and thanks for stopping by!
--Janny




No comments: