Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Loves

Hello everyone!

Since I am now kicking tendinitis' butt (knock on wood), I have been getting to know all of my repertoire for the summer a little bit.  They are all so different, yet all wonderful, and I am so excited to get to spend the next couple of months with them and get to know all of them really well! So, here are the 5 strapping pieces I will be working on this summer!

Here they all are!!!  
Scales, Bach Partita #2, Prokofiev Violin Concerto #1, 
Prokofiev Sonata for Violin and Piano #2, and Brahms Piano Quartet #1.




Meet Carl Flesh Scales...  I realize that he is super nice, and that he does so much for me, but no matter how much I try, I just can't get over the fact that he is boring!   But he is the kind of a piece that you want to spend the rest of your life with, so I'm keeping him around for the long haul...  He has my respect.



 






Meet Prokofiev Piano/Violin Sonata Jr.  We've known each for awhile now.  He is a little bi-polar, but  over all, very charming.  I love his sense of humor, even though it can seem a bit manic at times.  He also has a very jazzy side to him, which I find quite sexy.  haha







What's really great about him is that we are now past that awkward first meeting stage, and can spend more time really getting to know each other on a deeper level.  I feel very comfortable with him, but perhaps in a more friend kind of a way than in any romantic kind of a way.  He's a pretty solid piece though, and we have a lot of fun. 






This is Prokofiev Violin Concerto Sr.  Yes, you guessed it; him and the previous friend are cousins.  You didn't hear this from me, but this is the cooler cousin.  He's a bit of a badass.  I have a huge crush on him actually.  He is incredibly exciting with a bit of a rock-and-roll-esq side to him. He's really fun, yet also has an incredibly sweet and tender side. What more could you want from a man, I mean a piece, right?  haha  Anyway, the more I get to know him, the more I seem to be falling for him  =)

The only down side is...  I am a mess when I'm with him.  like this.

He's just so difficult to deal with.  SO difficult.  He doesn't put together his sentences like normal people, so it's a battle just trying to understand what he says or analyze what he means.  Trying to remember exactly what he said?  I can't even explain the torture of trying to memorize this beast.  I feel bi-polar when I'm with him because I go through so many emotions in so little time.  I'm super excited, then really frustrated, then extremely sad,,, but he's so cool!   Someone help me...  but actually I think it will get better with some time.  It'll always be a challenge I'm sure, but even in the short couple of days I've known him, I'm beginning to understand his language a little better, so hopefully the emotional roller coaster will become less intense soon...  Besides, I think he's a keeper beneath it all.  Or am I just smitten?  




Then there is Bach Solo Partita Jr.  This, this is true love.  The way I feel when I'm with him is so different than the way I feel with any other piece.  He's much older, incredibly complex, thoughtful, extremely intelligent...  I could probably go on and on..  but the best part?  He loves to dance!  Gentlemen, the surest way to a girl's heart is through dancing, mark my words.  I have to say though, he's pretty demanding, (exchange 'pretty' with 'extremely') but he's totally, completely worth it.  Also, one word for Chaconne.  Epic.  and Wonderful.  and Grand.   Sorry, that was 3, but if you go listen to it, you will know what I mean.




Lastly, I have begun to get acquainted with Brahms Piano Quartet Sr.  He's SO fun.  I mean, we are a part of a group of friends, so I won't get to know him all that well until July when everyone will be together.  However, it's still been fun getting to know him a little bit by myself. 


Well, I hope you have enjoyed getting to meet the loves in my life right now in this silly sort of a narrative!  Though it is going to be a lot of work, I am so excited to get to know all of these pieces super well for the next couple of months  =)


Well, off I go to practice; much of it mentally because of that Chaconne...   haha

Thanks so much for reading!
Happy hump day =)
--Janny

No comments: