Tuesday, May 22, 2012

CHOCOLATE!!!

Hello everyone!

I am so excited that one of my friends from UNL has moved to Seattle!!!
Sarah and I were both in Chi Omega together, and it was really fun to get together for the first time as alums yesterday!  (I don't think the fact that we have graduated has quite hit me yet...)  Sarah and her soon-to-be-husband, Matthew, invited me over and fed me delicious lunch, and for dessert, we went over to Theo's Chocolate and took their chocolate tour.  Theo's is really cool because it was the first all organic and fair-trade chocolate factory in the United States!  AND their chocolate is delicious. If you are ever in Seattle area, and love chocolate, I would highly recommend taking this tour.  For $6, you get to learn about chocolate's journey from being the exotic cacao plant to becoming the deliciousness that we adore. but more importantly, you get to taste A LOT of chocolate!  =)   There's no need for any more encouragement, right??  --I must confess that this was not my first time taking the tour..I don't care to admit how many times I've been there, but every time I go, there's something new to see and taste  ;)

One of their final products!  Cherry and Chili Dark Chocolate.
Allow 12 seconds for the full effect.
Your tongue will let you know when the Chili part has hit.

This odd looking thing turns into chocolate!

master chocolatier at work

this is where magic happens

Their first bite of the ganache!  incredible.

lovely couple, lovely place.

Sarah and Matt are leaving today for Nebraska to prepare for their wedding in early June. I am very excited for them--their wedding is going to be so beautiful!  =)

Thanks so much for a wonderful day guys!  I can't wait to explore more places around Seattle with you when you get back.  Another plus? They have the most adorable puppy, Joey!  McKinley and Joey can be best friends! =D  (even though McKinley is about 10 times the size of Joey...)

Stay tuned for more pictures from our adventure at Theo's!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
--Janny






No comments: