Monday, June 15, 2015

Portland, ME :: Duckfat

Hello everyone!

On our way back from Acadia, we stopped by Portland again for some lunch.  I know this is out of order, but I wanted to put Portland blogs together, so Acadia photos will be coming soon!

For lunch, we chose the restaurant, Duckfat!
It honestly didn't look like much outside, but people were raving about this place, so we figured we should try it out. 

We went around 2pm, but even at that hour, the wait was about 40 min!!


We weren't sure if it would be worth it...



but we decided to stick it out.
and 40 minutes went by pretty fast while we were goofing off with the camera   haha
David is becoming quite the shutter bug  ;)






In no time, we got a text saying that our table was prepared, so we hurried in to find our seat!



We didn't take too long with the menu since we knew we had to have the fries.  I mean, they were fried in duck fat, so...   haha
We also ordered some pork belly panini!


They had house-made sodas as well, so I ordered a saffron orange soda while David went for some coffee. 
and then we sat back to see if the 40 min wait would be justified.


while goofing off, of course.  haha
scruffy David.  poor guy.. there was a bit of a miscommunication with the status of his razor, so he couldn't shave the whole time we were in Maine..



The soda was pretty great. I mean, I couldn't really taste the saffron,,, but pretty darn tasty nonetheless!  =)


Then, the fries came.



oh. my. goodness.  these fries...
These were.  the best fries I've ever had.  
I love fries. I mean, I usually eat pretty healthy and all, but I just can't resist good fries.  Usually though, I prefer sweet potato fries because sometimes I think the normal fries can be kind of taste-less... but I would eat these Duckfat fries over any other fries (including the sweet potato variety) any day. That's how amazing these were!
All of them were amazingly crispy, and so full of flavor... I would definitely go back to Portland just for these fries.

The pork belly panini was pretty good too.



I don't think I've ever raved about fries so much, but these are seriously rave-worthy.  We ordered a large one and finished it between the two of us in about 5 minutes!  haha

Portland is surprisingly close to Boston, so we plan on going back often. and when we do, you know we'll be visiting Duckfat for some fries! If you are in Portland and have some time to wait for an open seat, we would highly recommend trying out the fries here!  =)

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you're having a wonderful day!
--Janny

No comments: