Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring Date!

Hello everyone!

Spring is finally here in Boston!!!  It's still a bit chilly, but I'm glad (well, I hope) to be putting away the down jackets until the next winter!

David and I decided to go on a little walk/date a week ago when the weather first turned springy, so I thought we'd snap a few photos of the date outfit. 




I have to say, taking photos of your outfit is not as easy as fashion bloggers make it seem...  You see, I got this hat because I have a bit of an obsession with hats at the moment, and it's so cute!! but who knew wearing a hat during a windy day could be so.. problematic... 


I had to hold onto it at all times because otherwise, this would happen...




I applaud the fashion bloggers who can make every photo look like they had the perfect weather that day... and all I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a fashion blogger!  haha it seems much more stressful than being a lifestyle blogger.  mmhmm



Once we got done with the outfit snaps, we spent the next half an hour or so blowing in the wind, waiting for the T... The story of the Green line users in Boston, am I right?




Our destination was the Boston Commons/Public Gardens because we thought the whole place would be in full bloom, but we were so. wrong.
as you can see in the background, nothing was blooming...  haha


At least I had this goofy fiance of mine to entertain me  haha   
I don't know, I think he looks pretty good in my hat  =p




Despite the lack of blooming flowers, we still had a good time walking around, chatting, and people/puppy watching. It's so nice having this big park in the middle of the city where so many people can congregate for a little bit of nature and calm among the hustle and bustle of the city life.



my handsome date  =>


you know, the seriousness only lasts for a few seconds at a time  haha



These were so cute!  I'm not sure if the mother goose and her clan are always dressed up, or if this was a special thing for spring, but it was pretty darn adorable  haha




oh the poor, late bloomers...  I heard everything is 2 weeks late this year because we had such an intense winter..  I can't wait to see Boston in full bloom soon!!





During our walk, we met this little friend (who is actually quite big..).  I think he was a Great Pyrenees, and I want one.


look how fluffy!!  the only thing is that I have so many black clothes--part of being a musician--that I'm not sure a white dog would be a good idea...  Even petting him for a few seconds left a noticeable trace on my jacket  haha






Even though it did get quite chilly towards the end of our walk, it was still really nice to get out and walk around semi-comfortably without our big down jackets!  I can't wait for warmer weather and David's move to Boston (!!!  there's a light at the end of this long-distance relationship tunnel!! ) for more walks and maybe bike rides in the months to come  =)





Now that the school is winding down and the weather is getting warmer, hopefully I'll have more time (and more adventures!) to blog!  My poor blog has been neglected quite a bit this year as I transitioned to my hectic life in Boston as a doctorate degree candidate, so I'm excited to -hopefully- get to record more during the summer  =)

As always, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!
--Janny

No comments: