Friday, April 17, 2015

Our First Little Recital!

Hello everyone!

Last weekend, I had such a proud mama moment!  My Boston students had their first recital, and my goodness! cue all the emotions.
I never imagined that I would love teaching so much, but during the past six years or so, teaching has grown into one of my biggest passions.  I love everything about it; getting to know the students and the parents, figuring out different ways to approach different subjects for each student, working out how to solve road blocks in their learning process, and seeing them grow both artistically and personally.  It's truly one of the most rewarding experiences.


I feel so lucky to have so many wonderful students (and their parents!) here in Boston, and together with MaeLynn's studio, we had an exciting recital day full of fun music and wonderful companionship!


We were also lucky to have such a sensitive pianist, Daniel, who was there to play with our students! It's not easy following the students' interpretations sometimes (which can be rather surprising at times), but he did amazingly!  =)


All of our students played so beautifully! We had a variety of range in levels, and they all did their best, and we were so proud!!













We were also joined by a wonderful singer, who is one of my students' sister, and it was so fun to have variety during the recital!


We ended the recital with a little Bach Double action!



With all of the students and teachers!
haha this photo really captures the experience -- sweet, funny, a little distracted..  and never a boring moment!


Everyone brought refreshments to share afterwards, and we had a wonderful time chatting and getting to know all of the friends and family!




I feel so blessed to have such talented and wonderful students. Every single one of them has such good hearts that even when they don't practice sometimes (ahem..), I look forward to every lesson with them  =)

I'm so excited that for the first time in my  life, I am planning on being in one place for more than a few years!  I'm excited to hopefully work with all of these students long term and to see all of them grow!

Thanks for stopping by!
--Janny

Photo Cred: my wonderful fiancee -David  =)











No comments: