Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Playing with the new camera =)

Hello everyone!

I hope your week is going well so far!

In less than 2 months I'm going to be saying goodbye to Rice and Houston, and for some reason, it had never felt real.. until a couple of days ago.  but soon, we'll be moving out of our apartment, going through the graduation ceremony and 'walking through the front gates' thing that Rice does, and most likely leaving Houston to relocate to a different city and a different school....  I'm definitely getting a little bit sentimental over here...  sigh...

Anyway, a little while ago, we took the new camera David got for me for Valentine's Day (it's a Sony NEX 3N) and took a stroll around the neighborhood and our campus with Pucci.  It was a good chance to play around with the camera, and to take a few photos of our beautiful campus  =)



This camera is kind of a cross between a point and shoot and a DSLR in that it has all of the functions of the point and shoot, but you can change out the lens.  The lens that I have seems to work best for shooting scenery, or subjects that are farther away, and it also does a beautiful job with natural light.  It isn't so good with macro photos though, but that makes sense considering the type of lens I have.

So, a few outdoor photos around our neighborhood...

With Pucci!



and walking around Rice


with Mr. Sleepyhead...  haha


and my favorite photo from the day  (a photo of a coffee shop at Rice that David snapped while I went into the Rice library for a second)  =)


I did little to no editing on these photos, and I really love how great the quality is on the photos!  I mean, do have a Canon point and shoot, but most of the time I feel like the quality is comparable to my iphone5, so I never bother taking it out.  But now that the photo quality from the camera is significantly better than the phone, I think I'll take it out more often  ;)

Do you guys own a similar camera?  how do you like yours?

Thanks for stopping by!
--Janny


No comments: