Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Flash Mob? Check!

Hello everyone!

I got to cross off an activity off of my Bucket List today!
There was a flash mob of the Gangnam Style at the academic quad at Rice, and after some debating, I decided to be a part of it instead of just watching it happen!

In case you don't know what Gangnam Style is (I didn't know until about a month ago), here is the video.


One big reason I decided to do it was because I thought it was going to be just the simple 
horse-riding dance move and a few others that they do during the chorus...  
little did I know that there would be many other kinds of dance moves and that people actually came up with the choreography and practiced them beforehand...  
Ah well...  Karen and I were both in the same boat, so we did the best we could to follow what they were doing, and had a blast just rocking out to Gangnam Style  lol


Flash mob...
What an awesome concept;
Random people meeting at a certain place at a certain time to do a certain thing all together for a couple of minutes, have a blast, then go on their way like nothing happened    =)   
There's something just so attractive about it, isn't there?
I'm so glad I got to be a part of that today!


Here's everyone doing the horse dance move with the circular arm move
(watch the video, you'll know what I'm talking about)
I'm in the way back because I figured as a dancer who doesn't know the moves, I should be strategically placed behind a line of more prepared dancers  lol


 Here's the flash mob watching crew from the Shepherd School of Music-- Christiano and Eugene!
Next time, they're going to do it with me though, right?  ;)

Hope you had a wonderful day!
--Janny

No comments: