Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MFA Boston

Hello everyone!

Whenever I visit a new city, I try to find time to visit their art museum.  Usually, just a quick visit doesn't leave enough time for a visit because I like to spend a couple of hours there at least, but whenever I've lived in a city, I have loved visiting as frequently as I can!  These are the posts about the art museums in Houston and Seattle, and finally, here is Boston!


I've actually visited 3 times already -- twice with David, and once with Ted and Pamela -- because it's that. awesome.  So here are a few photos from the multiple visits!





Boston MFA is gigantic, so before we went inside, we just walked around the perimeters looking at the different sculptures and the garden.


hello there, creepy baby head..


Once inside, we found ourselves a little bit overwhelmed.  There are so many wings, and exhibits are on 4 different floors!

So let me show you around a little bit and tell you what's at MFA Boston!

There are furnitures,
(I mean, I had to!  Hello, fancy music stand!)




Many different Asian art wings including paintings, sculptures, photography, etc that I explored with Ted and Pamela very thoroughly.






Exciting ceiling/mirror photo-op opportunities,


There are also a few different cafes where you can grab a few bites to refuel your body (because you will need to if you're going to try to conquer all of the exhibits)





Different sculptures inside,


an interactive work station where you can pretend you are one of the famous artists


Our masterpiece!


Jackson Pollock,



and a painting of a room that is in the room that is in the painting.
yup.  I think that is what I meant to say.  haha
Inception.


so of course, we had to recreate this painting that fascinated us so much.
What do you think?  I think we did a pretty good job, no?  ;)


Towards the end of the trip, we walked by this handsome, fashion forward gentleman who requested Pamela's hat.  Pamela was nice enough to let him borrow it for a photo  ;)


Since the camera was out anyway, we thought we'd snap a few photos ourselves  =)


cutie pies!



I swear we didn't know that we were both making the same faces!  It was completely not planned.


What can we say, great minds think alike.




I love visiting the MFA, and It was so fun to explore the museum with some of my favorite peeps  =) I'm excited to go back once they have new exhibits up during the fall, and I hope you'll get a chance to go see it as well if you're ever in Boston!

Thanks for stopping by!
--Janny





No comments: