Sunday, July 13, 2014

Night Markets and FRUIT!

Hello everyone!

I have an obsession with Taiwanese fruit.  I mean, seriously.  THE best fruit I've ever tasted in my life!  and I've had a lot of fruit!  haha   When I was a baby, my parents had a really hard time getting me to eat anything other than fruit, and while it's not to that degree anymore, my love for fruit has definitely stayed with me.  

Fruit is everywhere in Taiwan; in markets, at night markets, and really, basically everywhere you look!
Words can't really do it justice, so let me just show you!



There were so many fruits I had never seen, and even the ones I knew were just bigger, more vibrant, and.. just better in general  haha





I didn't know so many different types of mangoes existed!  and all taste so different!




When you go to the night markets, the fruit vendors cut up the fruit for you so you can snack on it as you wander around the market.






I've had dragon fruit before, but I've never seen the ones with red meat before! Usually, the meat inside is white, so this was really interesting.  It tasted amazing though!



Also, I got to try starfruit! It actually was not my favorite fruit...  but it was good!


and this was what our breakfast looked like almost every morning, and this fruit loving lady was in heaven!  =D



It's been a couple of weeks now since the trip, and I miss so much about Taiwan already.  Thanks so much to David's family for hosting us for the week and showing us around everywhere!  It was such a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to go back again soon!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you are all having a wonderfully fruity day!  ;)
--Janny


No comments: